Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

crash on pic view

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TechPc1

TechPc1

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 AM

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:03 PM

hi

i have problem viewing pictures ..

when i view images sometimes it says "drwaing images"

and makes the screen out of sync "no signal" black screen

what force me to restart

its really annoying problem

if you have any fix\idea youre welcome to share

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,384 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:52 PM

My wild guess...failing video card.

The old "no signal" message indicates a signal transmission problem to the monitor.

Are you using onboard video...or a physical video card?

Louis

#3 TechPc1

TechPc1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:15 PM

My wild guess...failing video card.

The old "no signal" message indicates a signal transmission problem to the monitor.

Are you using onboard video...or a physical video card?

Louis

onboard video card its Radeon Hd 4200 sharing part of the 1GB memory of the system

*in the past i did had problems with the video card BSOD, but not this problem...

it happened in games sometimes

now it happens only with pictures and only from time to time, when i view pictures and moves to another picture

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,384 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:39 PM

Exact error message...this happens all the time, with any gtaphics file?

Have you checked Event Viewer for possible clues...anything citing graphics-related files?

How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic40108.html , note that I am not asking you to post your EV logs here, I'm asking you to read linked material, then go over your own EV logs.

Does it occur with video files?

Louis

#5 TechPc1

TechPc1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:32 AM

Exact error message...this happens all the time, with any gtaphics file?

Have you checked Event Viewer for possible clues...anything citing graphics-related files?

How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic40108.html , note that I am not asking you to post your EV logs here, I'm asking you to read linked material, then go over your own EV logs.

Does it occur with video files?

Louis

no i doesnt occur with video files, i had similar problem with games in the past

but now only with images from time to time......

*what the problem if i will let you see my evevnt viewr??

is there any security issue (i cant see any)

if theres do you want me to describe about only the errors \warrings \ or info??? and what category??? (security , program,system etc...)

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,384 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:07 AM

The problem is that the links won't work...the links contain important information.

Users need to take accountability, when they can...for certain basic system maintenance tools/functions. Event Viewer is one of those, should routinely be reviewed by users for errors that indicate system problems needing attention.

No one can do this for you on a periodic basis.

If you read the link I posted...you will see what you should do. If you don't read it...oh, well.

Warnings are not significant, errors are the only items that command interext. Not all of them require user action, that also is covered in the link provided.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users