Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello, and thank you all for letting me join in.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BaldieBonce

BaldieBonce

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:49 PM

At school, in the 50s and 60s, the teachers used to consolingly tell my parents that I was a 'late developer'. They were astutely right in their prejudice, as at just over 65 I've only just discovered the wonder of the Bleeping Computer forums.

I've been on a long, lonely journey of occasional computer use and programming since 1968. In the early days, it was simpler, you just read the book and told the beast how to do absolutely everything; it weighed a ton and never went out by itself. Now, they are fleet-footed willful tearaways, going out every night on their own or with their 'friends' when you're not looking, and they wake up next morning with bad behaviour and attitude, and if they've been bad, also with a dose of the Root-Itch.

Adversity often has a plus point someware, and in my case, it's been a battle with a sneeky browser redirect something or other that my formerly totally trusted AV softs just can't root out, not even its 'Power Eraser' version, nor their OL Support, that delivered me to your doors, by grace of MalwareByte's outgoing filter flagging up a malevolent IP address, which google lead me straight to one of your forums, where exactly the same symptoms had been cured; like in a few strokes of magic wand.

Brilliant! Wonderful!

Now I feel among friends, and not isolated with a sullen humming box posessed by by mysterious entity that I don't understand and can't trust.

I'll open the support topic tomorrow and get the evil presence exorcised.

Bye Bye for now.

From that sick machine restrained by Safe Mode and strictly rationed 'networking'.

Old BaldieBonce will learn new tricks here.....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:37 PM

Hello and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users