Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Maleware Protection Virus

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 schan

schan

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:13 PM

Hi, I've posted before regarding a virus on my computer at the office. A co-worker has asked that I help with a virus on his laptop. It's a Dell using Vista Pro or Business. I was present when the virus showed up and since it looked somewhat similiar to the system tool virus you guys helped me with I shut the computer down. The virus had the title "maleware protection". I didn't have time to do anything at that moment so later he started it up again, probably thinking it would fix it self. By the time he brought it to me I tried running malewarebytes which was already on there it ran and found 20 some infections but when it rebooted in safe mode I wasn't able to open internet explorer or malewarebytes. It would attempt to open (internet) then I'd get a diologue box saying it has stopped working...
I then, on a clean computer, downloaded the rkill and superantispyware programs onto a flash drive and tried running it that way. The first few attempts to run the rkill wouldn't do anything and while I was busy on the phone the rkill program started and terminated a maleware process. I was then able to run the SAS. The SAS found a whole batch of infected items. I tried to go back in to get the logs but first I checked the internet and it would redirect me to some search pages.
I tried to go back into SAS but apprently I ran it from the flash drive and I can't find the log to it. Please advise on what steps I should do next? I can get to the logs for mbam but wondering if I'm unable get on the internet and post them should I transfer them to a flash drive? and if I transfer them to flash drive am I risking the virus being tranfered to my clean computer?

I'm editing the above message as I was able to get on the internet on the infected computer. Don't know if that means the virus is gone but I'm posting two logs from MBAM. I still can't find SAS logs.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.51.0.1200
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 6792

Windows 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2
Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421

6/6/2011 7:14:48 PM
mbam-log-2011-06-06 (19-14-48).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 252866
Time elapsed: 11 minute(s), 1 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 3
Registry Values Infected: 7
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 25

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\4ECYTQ9SIC (Trojan.FakeAlert.SA) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\ (Hijack.Zones) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\SYSTEM UPDATER (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\4ECYTQ9SIC (Trojan.Downloader) -> Value: 4ECYTQ9SIC -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\5zt1 (Backdoor.Bot) -> Value: 5zt1 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Local Account Service (Backdoor.Bot) -> Value: Local Account Service -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Plug Manager (Backdoor.Bot) -> Value: Plug Manager -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Input Manager (Backdoor.Bot) -> Value: Input Manager -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Malware Protection (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Value: Malware Protection -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\System Updater\ImagePath (Trojan.Agent) -> Value: ImagePath -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
c:\Users\administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\Wr1.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\administrator\AppData\Roaming\7c9cr2a.exe (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\administrator\AppData\Local\lssas.exe (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\administrator\AppData\Local\manager.exe (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\administrator\AppData\Local\conima.exe (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\administrator\AppData\Roaming\atgsjl3m.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\193A.tmp (Spyware.Passwords.XGen) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\jar_cache12743.tmp (Spyware.Passwords.XGen) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\Wr0.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\Wr2.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\wramoecnsx.exe (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Windows\Temp\xcbb\setup.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\administrator\local settings\application data\conima.exe (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\administrator\local settings\application data\lssas.exe (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\administrator\local settings\application data\manager.exe (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\administrator\local settings\temporary internet files\Content.IE5\WZPAYWK4\freesystemscan[1].exe (Rogue.FakeMSE) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Windows\cftnom.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Windows\Wsosia.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\programdata\defender.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\administrator\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\plugs\kb2087605.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\administrator\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\plugs\kb2087636.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\administrator\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\plugs\kb2087792.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Windows\Tasks\{22116563-108c-42c0-a7ce-60161b75e508}.job (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Windows\Tasks\{810401e2-dde0-454e-b0e2-aa89c9e5967c}.job (Trojan.FraudPack) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Windows\cftnom.bat (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

THE SECOND LOG AFTER RUNNING SAS WHICH FOUND SEVERAL ITEMS AND ALSO STATED SOME COULDN'T BE REMOVED:

www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 6800

6/7/2011 1:20:48 PM
mbam-log-2011-06-07 (13-20-48).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 246186
Time elapsed: 15 minute(s), 28 second(s)

Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 1
Files Infected: 1

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\lpc (Trojan.Ambler) -> Value: lpc -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
c:\Users\administrator\AppData\Roaming\Sun\ogcv98.dll (Trojan.Ambler) -> Delete on reboot.

OKAY ANOTHER UPDATE: RESTARTED COMPUTER AS NORMAL AFTER THE ACTIONS ABOVE AND BACK TO SQUARE ONE: INTERNET EXPLORER NOT OPENING ETC...

Edited by schan, 07 June 2011 - 05:22 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 PM

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:40 PM

Hello, may we see the SAS logwith the non fixables??
To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log.
A text file will open in your default text editor.
Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
Click Close to exit the program.

Now run RKill....

Download and Run RKill
  • Please download RKill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below and save it to your desktop.

Link 1
    Link 2
    Link 3
    Link 4

• Before we begin, you should disable your anti-malware softwares you have installed so they do not interfere RKill running as some anti-malware softwares detect RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.
  • Double-click on Rkill on your desktop to run it. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)
  • A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed.
  • If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next reply

Do not reboot your computer after running rkill as the malware programs will start again. Or if rebooting is required run it again.

If you continue having problems running rkill.com, you can download iExplore.exe or eXplorer.exe, which are renamed copies of rkill.com, and try them instead.

Rerun MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:

Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when done
click Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan (normal mode).
After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.

Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 schan

schan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:46 PM

Thank you for willingness to help. I wasn't able to find the SAS logs (I followed your instructions but there are NO logs saved) I ran the SAS twice and both times from the flash drive it was on. Is there another place they could be saved? Also the maleware protection icon is still on my desk top. And I am able to get on the internet for a awhile but then it takes me to some random search websites after which I am unable to run SAS or mbam. again, thank you

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:47 AM

Sometimes this happens and it comes back after a shut down and reboot. Also it sometimes shows up in the Admin or other user account.

Were you able to run RKill and MBAM?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 schan

schan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:08 PM

I was able to run SAS after the rkill (log below) and before rebooting after SAS I checked the log tab in preferences and the log was there. But after reboot it was no longer there. I wasn't able to find the log in the c drive either. Not sure where the logs are going. After running SAS I ran mbam and posted the log (didn't find anything).

This log file is located at C:\rkill.log.
Please post this only if requested to by the person helping you.
Otherwise you can close this log when you wish.

Rkill was run on 06/08/2011 at 12:44:07.
Operating System: Windows Vista ™ Business

Processes terminated by Rkill or while it was running:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 10.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
C:\Windows\System32\grpconv.exe
C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe

Rkill completed on 06/08/2011 at 12:47:56.

www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 6813

6/8/2011 3:59:05 PM
mbam-log-2011-06-08 (15-59-05).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|D:\|)
Objects scanned: 395843
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 44 minute(s), 46 second(s)

Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Folders Infected:

Edited by schan, 08 June 2011 - 05:19 PM.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:55 PM

Looks Much better. How is it running now?
Sometimes this happens with SAS and it comes back after a shut down and reboot. Also it sometimes shows up in the Admin or other user account.

Let's run an online scan.

ESET Online Scanner:

Note: You can use either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox for this scan. You will however need to disable your current installed Anti-Virus, how to do so can be read here.

Vista/Windows 7 users: You will need to to right-click on the either the IE or FF icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select Run as Administrator from the context menu.

• Please go here to run the scan.

Note: If using Mozilla Firefox you will need to download esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe when prompted then double click on it to install.
    All of the below instructions are compatible with either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox.

• Select the option YES, I accept the Terms of Use then click on: Posted Image
  • When prompted allow the Add-On/Active X to install.
  • Make sure that the option Remove found threats is NOT checked, and the option Scan archives is checked.
  • Now click on Advanced Settings and select the following:
    • Scan for potentially unwanted applications
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
  • Now click on: Posted Image
  • The virus signature database... will begin to download. Be patient this make take some time depending on the speed of your Internet Connection.
  • When completed the Online Scan will begin automatically.
  • Do not touch either the Mouse or keyboard during the scan otherwise it may stall.
  • When completed select Uninstall application on close if you so wish, make sure you copy the logfile first!
  • Now click on: Posted Image
  • Use notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files\ESET\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt.
  • Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic.
Note: Do not forget to re-enable your Anti-Virus application after running the above scan!

#7 schan

schan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:48 PM

The log from the eset scan is below:

C:\Users\administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\jar_cache42051.tmp Win32/PSW.Papras.BX trojan
C:\Users\administrator\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\4\8f85c44-392a1128 Java/Agent.CK trojan
C:\Windows\System32\bootmstp.dll Win32/PSW.Papras.BW trojan
C:\Windows\Temp\CC6A.tmp Win32/Olmarik.ACQ trojan
Operating memory Win32/PSW.Papras.BW trojan

Still having some problems. The first time I tried to run the scan I right clicked and tried to run as administrator but nothing opened. Then I got a message "to display webpage again, the web browser needs to resend th information you've previously submitted" Then another message "host processes for windows services has stopped working and was clossed...a problem caused the application to stop working properly

I closed the messages out and just clicked on the eset program and then followed your instructions.

Edited by schan, 08 June 2011 - 11:55 PM.

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2011 - 11:44 AM

Still having some problems. just with ESET or others? Are they Redirects,popups or something else?

#9 schan

schan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:56 PM

Yes, Still having problems. When trying to access the internet I get the error message that Internet Explorer is shutting down and host processes for windows services has stopped working and was closed. I will try other programs as well after work.

#10 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:07 PM

I suspect a protected rootkit or DNS issue. We are really going to need a deeper look as these tools are not strong rnough.
Please go here....
Preparation Guide ,do steps 6 - 9.

Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9,which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.
If Gmer won't run,skip it and move on.
Let me know if that went well.

#11 schan

schan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:40 PM

okay, I started step 6 and downloaded the defogger from the preperation guide. The icon on my desktop looked a little suspicious as the name was a bunch of numbers but I mistakenly thought it must be okay. I double clicked on it and it started the suspicous maleware security scan again. I shut the computer down immediately. Will await further instructions.

Edited by schan, 09 June 2011 - 08:41 PM.

#12 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:55 PM

OK we may have to start over in Safe Mode and see if we can remove some junk.

Reboot into Safe Mode with Networking
How to enter safe mode(XP/Vista)
Using the F8 Method
Restart your computer.
When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
Select the option for Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode

>>>> Download this file and doubleclick on it to run it. Allow the information to be merged with the registry.

RKill....

Download and Run RKill
  • Please download RKill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below and save it to your desktop.

Link 1
    Link 2
    Link 3
    Link 4

• Before we begin, you should disable your anti-malware softwares you have installed so they do not interfere RKill running as some anti-malware softwares detect RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.
  • Double-click on Rkill on your desktop to run it. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)
  • A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed.
  • If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next reply

Do not reboot your computer after running rkill as the malware programs will start again. Or if rebooting is required run it again.

If you continue having problems running rkill.com, you can download iExplore.exe or eXplorer.exe, which are renamed copies of rkill.com, and try them instead.

Next run Superantisypware (SAS):

Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home Users
  • Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
  • An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
  • If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)
  • In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.
  • Click the Scanning Control tab.
  • Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
    • Close browsers before scanning.
    • Scan for tracking cookies.
    • Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
  • Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.
  • Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
  • On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
  • On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.
  • Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
  • After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
  • Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
  • A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
  • If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".
  • To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
    • Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
    • Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
    • If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
    • Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
  • Click Close to exit the program.
If you have a problem downloading, installing or getting SAS to run, try downloading and using the SUPERAntiSpyware Portable Scanner instead. Save the randomly named file (i.e. SAS_1710895.COM) to a usb drive or CD and transfer to the infected computer. Then double-click on it to launch and scan. The file is randomly named to help keep malware from blocking the scanner.

Rerun MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:

Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when done
click Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan (normal mode).
After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.

Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.

#13 schan

schan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:56 AM

okay I tried as instructed and now I'm really frustrated. I tried to run rkill from computer but it wouldn't let me download (I was in safe mode). I had rkill on flash drive and ran it from there (I think, unless it eventually ran from the link)

Then I tried to run SAS from flashdrive (in the meantime kept getting redirected and error message NIRCMD shutting down or something similiar and that internet was closing down from your webpage)

I tried to run SAS from flashdrive (portable version) but now the computer isn't recognizing my flash drive though it did few minutes earlier.
I did have a version on my computer and was able to open and update that (though for some reason it doesn't save the log files) It did update and I ran it. After rebooting, in safe mode I have a black screen with no icons now!!

Since I can't get back into the computer to retrieve the logs I wrote down the 2 process terminated by Rkill

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

The SAS logs I couldn't write down.

As a side note I noticed earlier in my c drive a file called security_solutions_2011

#14 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:31 PM

Let's see if we can do SFC from safe mode

Please run SFC (System File Checker)
Please run System File Checker sfc /scannow... For more information on this tool see How To Use Sfc.exe To Repair System Files

NOTE for Vista/WIN 7 users..The command needs to be run from an Elevated Command Prompt.Click Start, type cmd into the Start/Search box,
right-click cmd.exe in the list above and select 'Run as Administrator'

You will need your operating system CD handy. (if you do not have a disk run it anyway.

Open Windows Task Manager....by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC

Then click File.. then New Task(Run)

In the box that opens type sfc /scannow ......There is a space between c and /

Click OK
Let it run and insert the CD when asked.

Edited by boopme, 10 June 2011 - 01:31 PM.

#15 schan

schan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2011 - 07:20 PM

I apologize for not replying sooner. I was unable to get to this til now. I ran the SFC scan. Was there supposed to be a log with it? It ran but nothing else came up. Prior to running the SFC scan I ran maleware bytes again. I also had to rkill before I could run the SFC scan. Both logs are below.

www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 6883

Windows 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 (Safe Mode)

6/17/2011 3:59:33 PM
mbam-log-2011-06-17 (15-59-33).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|D:\|)
Objects scanned: 396239
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 5 minute(s), 33 second(s)

Memory Modules Infected: 1
Registry Keys Infected: 6
Registry Values Infected: 7
Registry Data Items Infected: 2
Folders Infected: 1
Files Infected: 20

Memory Modules Infected:
c:\programdata\Adobe\sp.DLL (TrojanProxy.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\usbhub (Backdoor.ZAccess) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{96AFBE69-C3B0-4b00-8578-D933D2896EE2} (TrojanProxy.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\sp (TrojanProxy.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\3XQZ6EO4AP (Trojan.FakeAlert.SA) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers\sp (TrojanProxy.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SPService (TrojanProxy.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Security Protection (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Value: Security Protection -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Security_Solution_2011 (Trojan.FakeAlert.Gen) -> Value: Security_Solution_2011 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Security Solution 2011 (Trojan.FakeAlert.Gen) -> Value: Security Solution 2011 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved\{96AFBE69-C3B0-4B00-8578-D933D2896EE2} (TrojanProxy.Agent) -> Value: {96AFBE69-C3B0-4B00-8578-D933D2896EE2} -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved\{96AFBE69-C3B0-4b00-8578-D933D2896EE2} (TrojanProxy.Agent) -> Value: {96AFBE69-C3B0-4b00-8578-D933D2896EE2} -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe\shell\open\command\(default) (Hijack.ExeFile) -> Value: (default) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SvcHost\netsvc (TrojanProxy.Agent) -> Value: netsvc -> Delete on reboot.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\IEXPLORE.EXE\shell\open\command\(default) (Hijack.StartMenuInternet) -> Bad: ("C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\hmm.exe" -a "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe") Good: (iexplore.exe) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command\(default) (Broken.OpenCommand) -> Bad: ("C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\hmm.exe" -a "%1" %*) Good: ("%1" %*) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:
c:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\security_solution_2011 (Rogue.SecuritySolution) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
c:\programdata\defender.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\security_solution_2011\security solution.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert.Gen) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\security_solution_2011\securitymanager.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert.Gen) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Windows\System32\drivers\usbhub.sys (Backdoor.ZAccess) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\programdata\Adobe\sp.DLL (TrojanProxy.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\1DAE.tmp (Spyware.Passwords.XGen) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\E253.tmp (Spyware.Passwords.XGen) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\jar_cache15376.tmp (Spyware.Passwords.XGen) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\hmm.exe (Trojan.ExeShell.Gen) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\security_solution_2011\securityhelper.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert.Gen) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Windows\Temp\qseohxzk.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert.Gen) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Windows\Temp\bifr\setup.exe (Trojan.Proxy) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\security_solution_2011\icoactivate.ico (Rogue.SecuritySolution) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\security_solution_2011\IcoHelp.ico (Rogue.SecuritySolution) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\security_solution_2011\IcoMain.ico (Rogue.SecuritySolution) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\security_solution_2011\icouninstall.ico (Rogue.SecuritySolution) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Windows\Temp\ppddfcfux.exxe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Windows\Temp\w32rim_mem.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Windows\Temp\wrfwe_di.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Windows\Temp\dfbleep.exe (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This log file is located at C:\rkill.log.
Please post this only if requested to by the person helping you.
Otherwise you can close this log when you wish.

Rkill was run on 06/17/2011 at 17:29:01.
Operating System: Windows Vista ™ Business

Processes terminated by Rkill or while it was running:

C:\Windows\system32\Taskmgr.exe

Rkill completed on 06/17/2011 at 17:32:57.

ALSO, I'm still not able to run SAS and I am still getting odd websites popping up before my browser shuts down and closes.

Edited by schan, 17 June 2011 - 07:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users