Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desktop file mystery

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mimi116

mimi116

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 AM

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:43 AM

I suddenly have a com_files folder on my desktop. I have no clue what it is, why its there, if I should delete it, etc. Unable to find any info on it when put into "search." Suggestions??

Edited by Budapest, 08 June 2011 - 05:51 PM.
Moved from Introductions ~Budapest

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:20 PM

What operating system do you have?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 mimi116

mimi116
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:35 PM

Windows 7

#4 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:01 PM

open it ,anything in it if yes "what", when was it created /right click go properties /see date created

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#5 mimi116

mimi116
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2011 - 11:51 AM

Six folders: a_data, a_data_002, a_data_003, a_data_004, a_data_005, Sync_data
Created 4/13/2011
Contains 0 files, 0 folders

#6 Dullahan8

Dullahan8

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 AM

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:43 PM

Looks like folders from a memory card that's been used for a camera and accidentally copied to your desktop. All you gotta do is drag and drop a folder onto your desktop. I accidentally drag folders and drop them into other places all the time. When I see empty folders like like your com_files, I delete them because they're just leftover folders from something that isn't really important.

If you're really, REALLY unsure, then you can move the com_files folder to a different place, for example cut(not copy) and paste it into My Documents. If your computer starts having problems, then they're important, move them back. If not, then you can be sure that you don't need them, delete them.

Edited by Dullahan8, 10 June 2011 - 09:46 PM.

#7 mimi116

mimi116
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:32 AM

Thanks! That could be it as my printer keeps reverting to memory card every now and then - I will try just moving them first. I appreciate your input.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users