Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Card not playing game

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 404

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:36 AM

I have a Compaq Presario 5320US Desktop PC, the Video card is NVIDIA Vanta TNT-2 16MB AGP Video Card Revision 0. trying to play a game (Nancy Drew Warnings at Waverly Academy) i get error, the video card not match minumem requirememnts to run this game. how can i fix this? I am running Windows 7.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,460 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:27 AM

Well, that is seriously underpowered equipment for Windows 7, but the demands of that game are modest for such a recent release.

Your system specifications are here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00009492&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=93212

and the game minimum requirements:

http://www.herinteractive.com/Mystery_Games/Nancy_Drew/Warnings_at_Waverly_Academy/pc

The key factor seems to be:

"32 MB DirectX 9.0 compatible video card"

You'd need to upgrade to an AGP 4x video card with at least 32MB of RAM, DX9 and Windows 7 compatibility and modest power consumption as your system only has a 235W PSU. The standard Vanta supplied is a low profile card, but has a full height backing plate, so I don't think a low profile card is essential. I'm out of touch with the market for older AGP cards, but maybe if you could find something like a 128MB nVidia 6600 at a market or on eBay, it might suit.

Other posters may have further suggestions too.

Edited by Platypus, 07 June 2011 - 08:27 AM.

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users