Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP laptop won't see windows 7 phone

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Alfresco

Alfresco

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:11 AM

Hello,

I can't get my xp sp3 laptop to see my HTC windows 7 Pro phone in order to transfer videos from the phone.

When I connect via USB the phone charges ok and recognises 'new hardware' but the laptop won't allow me to browse the phone using explorer or activesync.

Any Ideas please guys?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:51 AM

what is the exact model # of the phone
it would have been better to start you inquiry here i think ,good luck
http://www.htc.com/www/support.aspx

info from the link above!
quote:
Your device supports the following USB connection types: Charge only, HTC Sync, Disk Drive, and USB Tethering. To change your connection type, connect your device to your PC using the provided micro USB cable and make your selection from the popup menu or go to Home>Settings> Connect to PC and make your selection there

Edited by caperjac, 07 June 2011 - 04:57 AM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#3 Alfresco

Alfresco
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:50 PM

The phone is an HTC 7 Pro - that's the make and model...

I've tried using Zune but that gives the following error;

Phone setup incomplete
when you're ready disconnect from the computer and complete the remaining steps on the phone

of course there is no clue as to what those remainng steps are, as the phone is working fine.

I know the Zune is regarded as Microsoft's ultimate 'epic fail' but surely there must be some way to try to het their OS's to talk to each other?

TIA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users