Hello meetdenis,From this point on, please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.
Download Security Check
Save it to your Desktop
Double click SecurityCheck.exe
and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt
Please post the contents of that document. Please do not attach it. ************
Save it to your desktop. <=== IMPORTANT
and click Search For Files
After a very short time, when the cursor hourglass disappears, click Save List To File.
A message box will verify that the file is saved.
Double-click the CKFiles.txt
icon on your desktop and copy/paste the contents in your next reply. Please do not attach it.************
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
from one of these places: http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti...&tag=button http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Ant...ware_d5756.html http://www.besttechie.net/mbam/mbam-setup.exe
Double Click mbam-setup.exe
to install the application.
* Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Full Scan
", then click Scan
* The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient
* When the scan is complete, click OK,
then Show Results
to view the results.
* Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected
* When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
* The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
* Copy&Paste the entire MBAM report (even if it does not find anything) in your next reply. Please do not attach it.Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process, if asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.************
When I ran HijackThis, it was not able to save a log file(capture2.png) and also gave one warning about unable to write to hosts file(capture1.png). I think this might be due to Spybot protecting the hosts file.
No, that is normal for Hijackthis to produce the "warning about unable to wtire to hosts file" message when you are runnng Windows 7 or Vista x64.
Also in order to produce a Hijackthis log you must right-click the HijackThis icon and select "Run As Administrator".
Please post a fresh Hijackthis log. Please do not attach it.
Edited by SifuMike, 15 June 2011 - 09:38 PM.