Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

D-Day, June 6th, 1944

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:04 PM

Today is the 67th anniversary of D-Day.

Mark that day well!
Many men died that day for your freedom!
In the beginning there was the command line.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:27 PM

Yes Eyesee, that is absolute true, but still is there war and I think that people haven't learn from that.
The guys did a good job in 40-45 and there were many Soldiers died, if I see the nasty things in the world: Discrimination, another killed someone, than think I, it was all for nothing.
I think also, World peace is not possible.
If the human lifes, there is a fight and someone that hurt the other.
Here on Earth are lot of people and in that hope, are many bad persons.
Pity but true.

#3 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:08 PM

I had two Uncles that were part of D-Day.

One was a glider pilot. He landed his glider with crew, 11pm, 20 miles behind Utah beach enemy lines on June 5th, not June 6th.
A very treasured artifact of his that I have is the aerial fly over map of his drop zones dated June 5th 1944.
Landing Zone W.

Another Uncle landed on Utah beach.
As a memento of it he came back with a bullet with his teeth marks in it.
Both are dead now.

Neither one ever spoke a word about the war.

World peace is not impossible.
It is simple really
Coexist.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#4 Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:34 AM

Neither one ever spoke a word about the war.

World peace is not impossible.

Well, what I can say is, the War was a nasty time for lot of people and the men in that period were brave.
So, it is logical that your uncles didn't speak over that.
We people want forget the nasty things and when we speak over that, than we experience this again and that is not the meaning.
You beliefs that World peace is possible, I am afraid that your thought in this is wrong.
Why? Well, the most of people are egoistic, it is: me, me, me, me, the rest is not important.
When I read the newspapers, see the news on Television or hear the news on the Radio, than say I: World peace is not possible.
World peace is only possible when everyone listen together and can tolerate together.
Here on the forum when someone give the other a personal attack, than get the person that done this, a ban.
But here on Earth when the other does nasty to the other and will fight with the other, is a ban not possible. A forum and the daily life, is whole difference.
I think that World peace is maybe possible in the 22th centaury.
In that centaury am I in the heaven.
But now is it unlogical that we think that we get World peace.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users