Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Setting Offline Files & Synchronization

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 valley_girl1919

valley_girl1919

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 AM

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:33 PM

OK at work we are setting each user's workstation to use offline files and synchronize at log off for user's My Documents. I am wanting to make sure this is the correct way to set it up. The following shows how the offline files are configured now:
1. On the user's workstation I go to My Computer\Tools\Folder Options and I enable Offline Files and set them to sync at log off. Now, we have each user's My Documents, which is located on their desktop, set to point to a back up server on the network- example: \\backupserver\users\users name. So actually their My Docs are on a shared network drive that we want to make available offline.
2. I right click on the user's My Documents, which is on their desktop pointed to their folder on the back up server, and select Make Available Offline. After the synchronization is through then it shows blue sync arrows. I make the users my docs folder available online, i don't right click and make their folder available offline from the shared network, I figure if their my docs on the desktop are pointing to that shared drive that by making their my docs folder available offline that is right. It's kind of confusing though.
Does this make sense? Or should I be doing this another way?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users