Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error 1310, constant script warnings and major registry issues!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ultramaddness

ultramaddness

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:14 PM

Greetings. Whenever I try to re-install Microsoft Office 2007, I get "error 1310" and it asks me to verify i'm the administrator; however, i'm logged in as the admin. I have the same issue trying to re-install Itunes. My computer is moving very slow at times and freezes, then suddenly it will just act normally.
I have Norton 2010 and have run numerous scans. I've tried to run "OTL" but the computer "freezes" whenever I click "run scan". I've also run Spybot S&D, SuperAnt-Spyware and CCleaner. I've "unregistered" and "re-registered" the registry, nothing seems to work. I've even attempted seven different system restores and each time after reboot, a messages states that it cannot restore to whatever particular restoration point i attempt.
About a week ago I didn't have Norton 2010 renewed and I used a unsecure wifi system. Shortly afterwards I began having issues. Is there anything you can do to help me???
I have Windows XP Professional and my lapnet is an Acer. I have 232 GB on the computer and 113 GB of free space....

Edited by hamluis, 07 June 2011 - 04:27 PM.
Moved from MRL to XP.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,758 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:27 PM

Take a look, nevermind that it's a different version of Office: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/296175 .

Why are you reinstalling? Is this a trial version of Office?

You mention "registry issues", but what is that based on?

You mention issues that have nothing that would tie them together, other than normal system problems. Why did you post this in the malware log forum?

Can you connect to the Internet? Windows Update? Update your currently installed AV program?

Louis

#3 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,541 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:18 PM

I found this article that states uninstalling Office with Revo Uninstaller fixed this issue.

Worth a try.

You might also want to scan the system with MalwareBytes AntiMalware
Get the free version & do the complete scan. See if it finds anything that other programs might have missed.
In the beginning there was the command line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users