Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Advice Greatly Appriciated :-)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Avory79

Avory79

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 PM

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:06 PM

Hello, I am looking for drivers/hardware for a "AMD Athlon ™ 64 Processor 3200+". I was able to find some on the internet. The challenge is that the desktop I am trying to download these for does not connect to the internet. I spoke with both Shaw Cable and with Future Shop and they said I would need to do this from a different computer and then transfer it onto the correct computer. I am really not too experienced with this aspect of computers and would really appreciate any help. When I look at the info about the missing devices on the computer it shows the following: Ethernet Controller, Multimedia Audio Controller, Other PCI Bridge Device, PCI Input Device, PCI Memory Controller, SM Bus Controller & Video Controller (VGA Compatible)(all as not being installed and no backup for these is found on the computer).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:18 PM

hello ,we need to know the make and model of the computer if it a brand name tower ,or the make and model of the motherboard ,the amd processor model is of no help when it comes to device drivers

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#3 Avory79

Avory79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:23 PM

OK Thanks, am I able to find out this information somewhere in the computer files or do I need to open the tower to find this info? It is a no name tower, just says Lite on the front bottom panel of the tower ZALMAN.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,726 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:30 PM

Try this...

Start/Run...type msinfo32 and hit Enter.

Post the info that appears on the first 7 lines of the right screen.

If we find out who the motherboard manufacturer is, we can better search for drivers. Installing the ethernet controller driver will provide Internet connectivity, assuming that you have a wired connection.

Louis

#5 Avory79

Avory79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:47 PM

Thanks, this is what I found:

OS Name - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

Version - 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1 Build 2600

OS Manufacturer - Microsoft Corporation

System Name - GIRLS-OL5CUYPPU

System Manufacturer - MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD

System Model - MS-7125

System Type - X86-based PC

Processor - x86 Family 15 Model 31 Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD 2010 Mhz

There are a number of other fields here as well.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,726 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:42 PM

This is what I would try, http://www.msi.com/product/mb/K8N-Neo4-Platinum--PCB-1-0-.html#/?div=Driver&os=XP%2032 .

Download all drivers (from different system), burn them to CD, use CD to attempt installation. Install chipset driver first, although I've never found that to make a difference.

Louis

#7 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,541 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:25 PM

"AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+" drivers???

Two people actually told you this too!
Amazing!

Follow Louis advice and you should be fine.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#8 Avory79

Avory79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:37 PM

Thanks, I don't have any CD's to burn to right now. I will get one tomorrow and try this out, fingers crossed :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users