Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Various Vista home premium machine services are unable to be started.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 michaelbrent

michaelbrent

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:51 PM

Hello everyone. I am having a problem on a 32-bit home premium desktop and I first noticed it when it was unable to connect to the internet. I thought it was the network adaptor until testing it with another machine. The computer is unable to detect any networks. When I click on the “diagnose why Windows cant find any networks” link Im told “Network Diagnostics cannot run because the diagnostic policy service is not running. There is a tab that says “click to open service control manager /you will need to manually start the diagnostic policy service. Once this service is started you can run network diagnostics.” Clicking this will prompt me to open an mmc.exe file. When I do it opens a window listing services. I right-click diagnostic policy service properties local computer and set the startup type to manual. But it always leads to another service that cannot be started like windows wireless service, security center service... audio service says it cannot be turned on. even system restore does work.. "system restore does not appear to be functioning correctly on the system. The volume shadow copy service used by system restore is not working.” I've run AVG and it detects nothing amiss.. ugh. Does this seem familiar to anyone? Where should I start?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users