Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Partition

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 freedom

freedom

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 07 January 2006 - 05:47 AM

Hi everyone and HNY,

Mine is simple i have my main disk partioned with system on D 10 Gigs (not C ) partion but it is now too small-how can i increase the size and is it safe to delete application data-approx 1 meg!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 phantazy

phantazy

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 07 January 2006 - 08:18 AM

You may lose important data on your folder if you delete this. For example Firefox and Opera profiles use this. The easier alternative is to use Partition Magic 9.00 to reformat your current partitions without having to delete anything. This assumes you have spare space on C: partition. there are other programs that do this but I have actually experienced what you are trying to do and it works well. Be careful if you try it, as I would back up data elsewhere first, it is a powerful utility.

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 AM

Posted 07 January 2006 - 11:56 AM

I agree with plantazy. There is an alternative to Partition Magic 9.0. Digtal Dolly. It is a freeware 40 meg download. Create a folder prior to downloading to place it in and expand it. Burn the contains of the folder only to a cd in .iso format. This program is self contained and does not require an operating System to function. It is based off of Red Hat and has a basic GUI. It will do what you need.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users