Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fake Vista Recovery aftermath.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tyki

tyki

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 PM

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:52 PM

I have been following the topic "Windows Vista Recovery virus hidden desktop icons" for fixing my computer and all has gone well, till after I removed the virus. I am trying to unhide all the programs it hid when I was infected.

I am having the issue with using "UNhide" as it is stuck at "Processing C:\" it has been there for 30 minutes or so. I ran two scans with Malwarebytes after the removal and nothing malicious is found. I used SystemLook to make a log as it seemed to help solve the problem for the other person (Ill attach it to this post).

Thank you, for the assistance with this annoying program.

I am using Vista SP1, btw

Attached Files

Edited by tyki, 06 June 2011 - 05:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gpaul

Gpaul

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:57 PM

Hi, I'm new here so I don't know a whole lot about what's going on but I just wanted to say that I ran unhide.exe yesterday in the same situation. It did take quite awhile but it eventually did exactly what it is advertised to do--unhid all the files that the scareware hid!

BTW, thanks so much to the author of unhide.exe! It sure helped me!

Edited by hamluis, 07 June 2011 - 03:05 PM.
Merged posts.

#3 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:00 PM

I am having the issue with using "UNhide" as it is stuck at "Processing C:\" it has been there for 30 minutes or so

Give it more time for sure.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#4 RickRude

RickRude

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:03 AM

Had same issue, got hit with virus, knew it was a virus when it asked me to "pay", downloaded unhide.exe and ran it and viola! All my files were returned. Thanks a mil to this website and the authors of unhide. unhide did take a while to run on my computer also, but i was also running a virus scan at the same time, as soon as the virus scan was over, unhide finished.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users