Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD: 0X000000E3 0XB3D5F3330 0X89E3D020 0X00000000 0X00000002

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 WaffleToaster

WaffleToaster

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:34 PM

Hello, I had a problem today when I booted up my computer.
I booted it and went to make diner, when I came back I saw a BSOD. I wrote down the code, never had these before ever, but I can't find answers on google with it at all.
It only happened once, hasn't happened since. Things I must note: I checked the eventlog and found out my pc was trying to boot drivers that it doesn't have and so it listed that as an error. It had been trying this seemingly for the last months (last entry in the log dates April), but I never noticed it never gave any errors or anything.
I looked at the name but I can't make heads or tails from it, not even google can answer it for me.

Posted Image

This was the entry, I had an old OLD hijackthislog which I had posted online before a long time ago. I had reinstalled Windows since that one time.
But it had the file listed and so I could see that it was in my system32/drivers
Exact address is here: c:\windows\system32\drivers\ekcr smch.sys

I checked but didn't find the file, that explains the error because my registry did have an entry for it.
In the end I made a back up of my registry and hoped for the best by removing the entry and rebooting. Nothing happened all is cool.
The eventlog shows no error or anything.

Now back to the bsod:
I haven't had any blue screens with my computer ever before. The system is not new but not too old:
Windows Xp Home SP3
Intel Dual processor
2gb ram
AsusTech P5GV-VM PRO, not sure how to list the hardware of the mobo. I have a cpuz pic I can add for that.
The only thing replaced is the videocard several months ago, didn't have any problems with it.
Card upgraded to the Geforce GTX 260.
the cpuz pic because it is large

I am unsure what you need to know for hardware so I am listing just about anything.
Drivers: I checked my drivers right after the bsod, but they are all up to date and not malfunctioning.
The eventlog didn't show any other errors other than that one item which I removed from the registry.
The code of the BSOD is as following:
0X000000E3
0XB3D5F3330 0X89E3D020 0X00000000 0X00000002

Since I have never had any BSOD's ever I have no idea what it means, I can google the first segment of the code but the results varry.
The last bits deliver no results whatsoever.

Edited by WaffleToaster, 06 June 2011 - 04:35 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:41 PM

Download BlueScreenView:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,866 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:32 PM

You can use any image editor to reduce graphic size for uploading.

You could also use IrfanView, http://www.irfanview.com/ .

Louis

#4 WaffleToaster

WaffleToaster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:36 PM

Download BlueScreenView:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

I ran the program, I have it open right now but it shows 0 crashes.
Pressed F5, nothing lists 0 crashes. Started it again, doesn't list anything for me.
Minidump is also empty, this could be because of my registry cleaner. I can restore it though.
Did a full restore of the backup made right before scanning with Registry booster but it doesnt add the minidumps

Edited by WaffleToaster, 06 June 2011 - 05:44 PM.

#5 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:44 PM

The fact that you use a registry cleaner is an issue. Registry cleaners CAUSE problems, the do not cure them. However, if you have had only one blue screen error I wouldn't spend a lot of time worrying about it. Is your system running normally?

#6 WaffleToaster

WaffleToaster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:46 PM

The fact that you use a registry cleaner is an issue. Registry cleaners CAUSE problems, the do not cure them. However, if you have had only one blue screen error I wouldn't spend a lot of time worrying about it. Is your system running normally?

Yes, I can do everything. Watching E3 at this moment and so far no errors nothing.
I am upgrading my entire system with new hardware and windows 7 in a couple weeks when university is out for summer.
I will keep the view program in case it does happen again, though I hope and think not (have rebooted about 5 times now and nothing happened so far).
Any idea on what that driver thing was?

Edited by WaffleToaster, 06 June 2011 - 05:47 PM.

#7 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:49 PM

Nope. But again, if everything is okay now and if you intend to reformat and install a new OS soon anyway, I'd forget about it.

Edited by Allan, 06 June 2011 - 05:50 PM.

#8 WaffleToaster

WaffleToaster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:22 PM

nevermidn thsi post, had a problem.. solved itmyself, was quite silly

Edited by WaffleToaster, 06 June 2011 - 06:36 PM.

#9 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:48 AM

Okay. Well, we're here if anything else pops up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users