Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Access Deniel For Documents Folder In All Users Folder

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kambiz

Kambiz

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 07 January 2006 - 03:17 AM

Hi,

I have a problem in installing the Adobe Acrobat professional 7. During installing this software , the software cannot access to the folder Documents and Settings/all Users/Documents. I know that I am the administrator of the computer but when I want to acess to the folder it denied. I think during uninstalling the old version of Adobe 5, this problem was happened (maybe I deleted some share files).

the Adobe Acrobat Professional 7 cannot copy any file in this folder (Documents). I would appreciate it if you could help me to fix this problem so I can install this software.

Thanks
Kambiz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kambiz

Kambiz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2006 - 12:08 AM

Please help me to fix my computer.

Kambiz
Thanks

#3 ZENER

ZENER

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 18 January 2006 - 12:54 AM

You can check the users under control panel > user account to confirm your rights as administrator.

Another way is to uninstall the acrobat 5 and reinstall the acrobat 7. This works for me. I seldom over write application installation. :thumbsup:

Hope it helps. :flowers:

ZENER NAV
The Uprise of a new Technology is the contributing factor to the failure of many human brains.
In short ==== We are too reliant on Technology.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 18 January 2006 - 08:23 AM

This involves messing with file/folder privileges and administrator privileges.

Using an administrator account, browse to the folder in question (Documents and Settings/all Users/Documents) (not My Documents - but the one under the drive that this folder is on) using Windows Explorer.

Right click on the folder and select Properties, then click on the Security tab (if the Security tab isn't visible you'll have to go into Safe Mode to find it) and give the account (that Adobe is running under) Full Control permissions over that folder.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 Kambiz

Kambiz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2006 - 03:10 PM

Thank you very much for your help. I went to safe mode and chenged the folder to access to anybody. I installed Adobe easily.

Many Thanks
Kambiz

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 20 January 2006 - 06:42 PM

Wow! That's great! I'm glad that you were able to solve it! Thanks for letting us know how it was fixed also - this will help others who search for the same problem!
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users