Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ripping Cds

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 used_and_under_oath24

used_and_under_oath24

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 07 January 2006 - 02:03 AM

It seems like there are a lot of problems with Windows Media Player 10, I have the same version of that program and am having problems ripping a couple CDs because the content is protected. I was wondering if there was a way I can still rip and convert them to AAC files with WMP or if there's a better program I can download to rip. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 used_and_under_oath24

used_and_under_oath24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2006 - 12:20 PM

Nevermind, I think I solved my problem! For anyone who experiencing the same problem I was, I went onto www.download.com and downloaded Express Rip. It ripped my CDs and I was able to put them onto iTunes and convert them to AAC no problem. So if you're having the same problem, my advice is to try that.

#3 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2006 - 03:34 PM

Oops! I responded to your other topic, and you solved the problem all by yourself! Glad it worked out :thumbsup: !

I know how annoying that is (I have a copy-protected cd, too!).

#4 used_and_under_oath24

used_and_under_oath24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2006 - 07:47 PM

did you do the same thing i did? or did you do something different?

#5 used_and_under_oath24

used_and_under_oath24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2006 - 08:07 PM

I'm actually starting to wonder, because with 2 different programs, one of my CDs is all fuzzy and the other one skips, I don't know what to do, I think they may have damaged my CDs as well!b :thumbsup:
Any ideas anyone??

#6 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2006 - 09:13 PM

Well...let's see: try cleaning the cds first. You can by cleaning supplies just about anywhere. Then try the ripping programs again.

If that doesn't work, here's what I posted on your other topic:

WMP Ripping

I did the first thing. However, you will need to find a way to convert the files to AAC format, and I don't know how to do that.

Hope that helps :thumbsup: !

#7 Sprite_Feedback

Sprite_Feedback

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 30 January 2006 - 03:32 PM

Foobar2000 should be able to convert to aac.

Just a word of warning do not convert from one lossy audio format (eg mp3) to another (aac) as the resulting sound file will be worse quality than just leaving it as is. Foobar should be able to rip to aac not used that feature.

If you use another programme to rip make sure you rip to wav or to a lossless format such as FLAC or APE so that your final aac is as high quality as possible.

g

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users