Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No flash sound after malware removal

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 wa4cbg

wa4cbg

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:52 AM

Windows 7 64 bit.

June 6, 2011 - Malware infections -

I had a number of malwares that were removed by stopzilla, and then later by malwarebytes. I also had to reset the winsock to be able to access websites again.

I think that the computer is clear of malware, but the one remnant is that after uninstalling and reinstalling flash numerous times, the audio does not work. Silverlight audio works, and audio from a program such as winamp works fine.. The video plays perfectly. I have checked the settings in the browsers to make sure that they are configured properly.

Do I still have some malware that is causing this or is there another direction that I can take. Please advise.

Thank you

Edited by wa4cbg, 06 June 2011 - 11:52 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users