Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio Buttons works on speakers but not headphones.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Latitude

Latitude

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:45 AM

This is a Latitude D610. After re-installation I did the drivers, updated everything, then included the software Quickset which gave me control of the volume up, down, and mute button on the laptop itself. This isn't a big deal but just curious, it controls the speakers just fine but not when the headphones are plugged in, then it does nothing at all.

Which is odd as I figured the master volume would be effected as it was before the reinstall. I scanned all the volume options that I could think of to check and even switched the audio profile from speakers to headphones. No go for me. If you have any suggestions or insights, thank you in advance.

I'm running Windows XP with service pack 3.

Edited by Latitude, 06 June 2011 - 10:45 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users