Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can't get video clips to run

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Imhy Yrstnd

Imhy Yrstnd

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:52 AM

I am not able to get any type of video to play on my computer. I have Vista Home Ed. with SP2. I don't know what caused it to happen but about 2 months ago a dude from Microsoft tryed to help me with a virus problem remotely. He was at it for a couple hours trying different things and I think he fixed it but my roommate moved right afterwards taking the internet with him. So I didn't notice things were wrong until resently when I had the internet hooked back up.I don't seem to be able to do a few other things but I will bring them up in other posts. I have looked in internet options and didn't find anything out of the ordanary that I can tell.Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated. Thank you.

Edit: Moved topic from Vista to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,727 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:18 AM

If videos on your system play fine, it's a problem related to browser settings.

If no videos play...it could be several things.

We need more info :).

Louis

#3 Imhy Yrstnd

Imhy Yrstnd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:59 AM

I was able to play a video on RealPlayer and on Windows Media Player so it must be a browser problem. I am using IE not sure if its 8 but I believe so. Does that help any? And thank you for trying anyway.

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:47 PM

Do you have the latest version of Flash?

#5 Imhy Yrstnd

Imhy Yrstnd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:16 PM

Thats my post at another forum, that I can't open files. When I click a "download" button on any site the box will open asking if I want to OPEN or SAVE the file and when I click OPEN nothing happens and if I click SAVE it goes to the "download manager" where when I click OPEN it asks what program to use to open the file and none of my choises will open the file. My choises are like Adobe Reader, IE,Real Player,Windows Media Center and such programs. I have a BROWSE option but I don't know what to browes to open the files. I tried with Flash and it went to the download manager but again ,what program do I use to open it with?

#6 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:22 AM

I think you have an old version of Flash. Download the uninstall tool from this link and after using it to uninstall Flash, download a fresh copy.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

#7 Imhy Yrstnd

Imhy Yrstnd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:32 PM

The comment on it being a browser problem got me thinking so I went to Internet Explorer and clicked the "default settings" button and the video problem cleared up but I still can't open downloaded files but thats in another forum. Thank you everyone for the help, I hope all your problemse solved as well as this one has been. Sincerely, Russel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users