Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can I Change The Refresh Rate On Lcd Moniters

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 megalo

megalo

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 AM

Posted 07 January 2006 - 01:11 AM

I have 2 lcd moniters. On one the refresh rate is said to be 75, the other it is said to be 60. I'm just wondering if it would be safe for me to change the refresh rate on the second to 75 via the ati's control center, driver program, thingy? Why or why not?
And if it will somehow change the fps in games and it what way?
btw the first moniter is an emachine 15 inch and the second is an Acer 19 inch with an 8ms ????? (i forgot what the 8ms refers to)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Salo

Salo

• Banned
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 AM

Posted 07 January 2006 - 02:03 AM

Refresh rate is just the amount of times the image on the screen refreshes per second.
Its safe to change it, but do it through windows.

Its properties,settings,advanced,monitor tab.

It wont increase the fps in games, just make your eyes feel better on concetrating on the screen.

8ms is the response time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users