Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP Recovery after effects

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OhSHIZZZ

OhSHIZZZ

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:30 AM

So I deleted some registry files from the Windows XP Recovery off my sisters laptop(found them on another website). After I deleted a few the computer just restarted. I'm guessing it was the virus. But when I logged back in the pop-ups stopped. I deleted the rest of the keys that I didn't get to. I looked in Local Disk (D:) and found a file with a bunch of random numbers, so I deleted it. After that I search for "Windows XP Recovery" in Windows search. I found them and deleted them, but they didn't disappear. I went to google this site to download the "Unhide.exe" but when I clicked of the link, it redirected me. I used Avira to scan and it detected 5 things, but only quarantined "JAVA/Stutter.X" and "JAVA/Stutter.Z". It's still redirecting. What do I need to do to stop the redirecting and get all the files unhidden?
I read on a site to go to My Computer, click on Folder Options, click on view under Hidden Files and Folders, check "Show Hidden files and Folders, uncheck "Hide Extensions for known Files", then uncheck "Hide protected system operation files". I did it.

Edited by Budapest, 06 June 2011 - 02:01 AM.
Moved from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs ~Budapest

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 herg62123

herg62123

• Members
  • 553 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 PM

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:14 AM

So I deleted some registry files from the Windows XP Recovery off my sisters laptop(found them on another website). After I deleted a few the computer just restarted. I'm guessing it was the virus. But when I logged back in the pop-ups stopped. I deleted the rest of the keys that I didn't get to. I looked in Local Disk (D:) and found a file with a bunch of random numbers, so I deleted it. After that I search for "Windows XP Recovery" in Windows search. I found them and deleted them, but they didn't disappear. I went to google this site to download the "Unhide.exe" but when I clicked of the link, it redirected me. I used Avira to scan and it detected 5 things, but only quarantined "JAVA/Stutter.X" and "JAVA/Stutter.Z". It's still redirecting. What do I need to do to stop the redirecting and get all the files unhidden?
I read on a site to go to My Computer, click on Folder Options, click on view under Hidden Files and Folders, check "Show Hidden files and Folders, uncheck "Hide Extensions for known Files", then uncheck "Hide protected system operation files". I did it.

hi my name is herg62123 (or Rob for short)

did you see this great windows xp recovery removal guide. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

it will walk you step by step on how to remove this nasty bug.

also

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs
Posted Image

#3 OhSHIZZZ

OhSHIZZZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:41 AM

My Mcafee Siteadvisor says Rkill is potentially dangerous

Nevermind.

Edited by OhSHIZZZ, 06 June 2011 - 02:42 AM.

#4 herg62123

herg62123

• Members
  • 553 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 PM

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:53 AM

My Mcafee Siteadvisor says Rkill is potentially dangerous

Nevermind.

please read this article on rkill. i promise it is not dangerous.

RKill - What it does and What it Doesn't - A brief introduction to the program
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users