Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win XP Uploading Insane Amounts

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Joycey

Joycey

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:49 PM

Hello for the last few months ive been observing my uploads and it does something like 15-40kbps a second all the time this is a huge problem for me because uploads factor into my Internet Plan and it is eating the limited internet i have
i have a 3G Wireless Dodo Broadband also i tried zone alarm feature Engage internet lock and that stops it fine but lags everything else i also tried a program that monitors what is useing my bandwith ect and its just a long list of svchost.exe
i really hope there is a way i can stop Uploading because i only get 7 gb of download a month
Posted Image

Posted Image

THe only things ive tried is to remove all programs and stuff that looklike they might upload

Edited by hamluis, 06 June 2011 - 10:59 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 josh_the_techie

josh_the_techie

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:34 AM

This looks like it could be malware-related. I would suggest running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Download the file and run the installer. Have it update the definitions file and let it run a full scan. Then have it remove any infections found.

You may also want to start Windows in SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING. To do this, start the computer and press F8. When the Windows startup menu appears, use the arrow keys to highlight SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING and press ENTER. Download and run TCPView like you did before and see if those processes are still hogging all the network resources.

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,562 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:35 AM

I suggest you post in the Am I Infected forum on this site. Let's find out for sure whether or not you have a malware problem.

#4 Joycey

Joycey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:36 PM

IVe Run Malware Bytes a few times now with no Succsess o.o No Virus Found

#5 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,562 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:47 AM

MalwareBytes is not an anti virus application. Again, if I were you I'd post in the AM I INFECTED forum. Let's be certain one way or the other.

#6 Joycey

Joycey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:10 AM

The topic has been moved? for like 12 hour now o.o *Bump*

#7 Joycey

Joycey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:01 AM

Fixed the problem thxs for the very little help o.o (turns out i had like 100 songs from iMesh uploading all the time)

Edited by Joycey, 09 June 2011 - 02:11 AM.

#8 AngryRaisin

AngryRaisin

• Members
  • 234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 AM

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:30 AM

Generally svchost is several of the essential microsoft services and TCPView (in my opinion) does not give you a very good idea of what is actually using bandwidth. The biggest offender of bandwidth use under svchost is generally windows automatic updates - and usually this is only a problem on a very out-of-date machine... one that may have had clean install from a old windows xp setup disc. I might recommend something such as the free version of netlimiter if you want to measure actual MB that certain programs are actually using... On a side note are you using Antivirus protection or seeing popups that would be a better indication of whether you are infected?

[edit] ... glad you figured it out on your own... I was typing this as you were posting your reply.

Edited by AngryRaisin, 09 June 2011 - 02:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users