Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Avast and Malwarebytes freeze at same spot...infection?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 pdxgti8v

pdxgti8v

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 PM

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:21 PM

Hello all,

Newbie here.

Toshiba Satellite, Intel Core2 Duo t5900, 4.0GB RAM, Windows Visa Home Premium 64 bit SP2. Computer is 3 years old

current security products: Avast Free, SuperAntiSpyware, and Spybot

I had been running MalwareBytes for a year, until recently it began freezing my system during scans. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it several times and it keeps freezing my computer at "c:\windows\microsoft.NET\framework\v2.0.50727\uninstallmembership.sql". I tried following the procedures from the Malwarebytes forums regarding, installing it in Safe mode, renaming the program, etc... and none of that lets the program work properly...

Today, I ran my Avast, and once again, the scan for Avast stopped and froze my computer at "c:\windows\microsoft.NET\framework\v2.0.50727\uninstallmembership.sql"

In both instances, using control alt delete wont "unfreeze" the computer, and I end up having to just shutdown the computer with on/off button. When I turn the computer back on, everything boots in regular mode, no problem.

I then thought, Hmmm, I'll uninstall my Microsoft.NET, then reinstall it, and see if that helps, but nope, problem still exists.

I run CCleaner constantly to keep my system clear, everything appears to be working fine on my computer, no slowdowns, etc....I defrag computer regularly and keep Windows updated.

This is worrisome to me, as I like to scan my system regularly.....

Any ideas what this could be? Any help will be appreciated....

Edited by pdxgti8v, 05 June 2011 - 10:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users