Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ac And Battery Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ayudame

ayudame

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 06 January 2006 - 10:40 PM

Hi all,

I would appreciate any suggestions for my problem

I have a 4 month old Acer TravelMate laptop that I got when I started college last fall. While I was home on holiday break my computer's battery would not recharge when I had my ac plugged in. When I took the battery out of the computer and only have the ac cord powering my computer it did not turn on. Then I tried to see if the battery alone would power the computer and since it has not been charged the computer does not turn on. I wound up borrowing another ac cord to power the computer but it is too loose to replace the old one and it does not recharge the battery.

I looked at the ac jack and I noticed the fit is looser than normal with my own plug and I am wondering if this is affecting the performance of recharging the battery and also why m computer will not turn on. The computer has accidentally fallen when my little sister knocked it over when I came home from school and I think that this might have caused this.

Should I have this repaired or look into replacing my ac cord? Also which would be cheaper since I am on a college student's budget.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 06 January 2006 - 11:54 PM

4 months old I would contact ACER and see if the warranty covers it (probably not). Notebooks are specailized and you may end up sending it to them anyways.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 ayudame

ayudame
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 07 January 2006 - 03:30 AM

^Thanks.
I mighthave to send it in, however school has started and I really need to have this resolved quickly as having a laptop is going to be required for a class this semester.
Anyone have any other suggestions?

Edited by ayudame, 07 January 2006 - 03:31 AM.

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 07 January 2006 - 08:15 AM

If you have a good, trusted computer repair shop you could order the part. This online shop has the part. Contact them to make sure they have your's. See if your local computer shop is willing to tackle it.

Warning!! This is a big job. Do not think because it is a replacable part just anyone can do it.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND YOU DO THIS YOURSELF!!!

Good luck
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users