Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stop Error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,514 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 21 May 2004 - 12:03 PM

Hi all,
Despite being a moderator here I am still a newbie (thus my title) at least in this area.

I received a blue screen with a stop error 0x0000000A

The parameters:
0x99035B14
0x00000002
0x00000000
0x80513CA9

As a background, I usually keep this EMachines T1840 XP Home running & only shut it down rarely--ususally do a restart. But I tried to shutdown and it wouldn't. It would restart instead. So I did a hard shutdown (turned the power switch off) & received the stop error. Then it would repeat when I would try to shutdown or restart.

About all I've done is defrag and remove InterActual player that I had to install to play a special edition of "The Two Towers" DVD. Haven't run a check disk since it was just done not long before. Ran a full system scan with Kaspersky but only found one corrupted file--which may have something to do with it, was a strange Temporary Internet File that may have been an attempt of the bridge.dll parasite to download. I seem to have lost the KAV report so the exact file name isn't available at this moment, but the file name was something like this:
bridge.zip/***.txt

Did several searches using different parameters but Windows could never find the file.

Anyway, the stop error has gone away now and I can shutdown OK. I've looked at these two MS articles:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documen...md_stp_hwpg.asp
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documen...md_stp_hyzf.asp

plus some others but I'm still at a loss as to how to find out if this is a hardware or software problem & just how to go about troubleshooting it. If it's hardware, I would like to be able to find out what I should be looking at.

Or should I not worry about it anymore since it's gone away?

The fate of all mankind, I see

Is in the hands of fools

--King Crimson

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 magicmunchkin

magicmunchkin

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 22 May 2004 - 01:57 PM

Papakid,
From what i gather the error seems to pertain to memory or a device driver accessing memory in the wrong way. (hope i gathered right) but i looked it up in the help and support in windows ( i put "stop errors" in the index) and they had some interesting things you can do to keep you from going crazy and to help windows recover if you get any more.
They also suggested a stystem restore to before you recieved the stop error message, i don't know if you'd want to look into that or not.
Hope this helps and good luck!
Magic
Have a Great Day!!!

#3 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 22 May 2004 - 02:52 PM

:thumbsup: Hi Papakid,
Just a thought here. Maybe your InterActual player didn't uninstall properly. Maybe there are some invalid registry files. You could check that with EZcleaner. Don't know if this helps, but it might be worth a look?:flowers: I hope you get it figured out. Maybe everything is OK though, since you got your 'puter to shut down and start up properly, and the error is gone.

Edited by Pandy, 22 May 2004 - 02:53 PM.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,300 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 22 May 2004 - 05:32 PM

Clear out your temp files, run av scan. If it looks clean and your not having the problem anymore I would not sweat over it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users