Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

i have 2 trojans i need to get rid of

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SaikoBOB

SaikoBOB

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:40 PM

I'm fairly certain i got it/them from facebook where i clicked a link about getting the ever sought after dislike button. right after that the post disappeared and my comp went wonky so i shut it down.

I have run AVG and Ccleaner and gotten most of it but i still have two files in my temp folder labeled with approx. 10 digit numbers that are infected with Trojan horse Agent3.GEI.dropper. AVG seems unable to do anything about either one but it knows that its a problem and keeps popping up, and every time it does i tell it to move the infected file to the vault.

Not sure what else to do and i dont want to have to take it in to a shop. please help.

Edited by Budapest, 05 June 2011 - 08:42 PM.
Moved from XP ~Budapest

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 herg62123

herg62123

• Members
  • 553 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:42 AM

I'm fairly certain i got it/them from facebook where i clicked a link about getting the ever sought after dislike button. right after that the post disappeared and my comp went wonky so i shut it down.

I have run AVG and Ccleaner and gotten most of it but i still have two files in my temp folder labeled with approx. 10 digit numbers that are infected with Trojan horse Agent3.GEI.dropper. AVG seems unable to do anything about either one but it knows that its a problem and keeps popping up, and every time it does i tell it to move the infected file to the vault.

Not sure what else to do and i dont want to have to take it in to a shop. please help.

have you tried malwarebytes
Posted Image

#3 SaikoBOB

SaikoBOB
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:49 PM

ran malwarebytes out of safe mode, then ran it in safe mode. everything looks normal now. thanks for the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users