Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Freezing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Minos

Minos

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:06 PM

Hello, well I've just recently started to get this problem where my computer would just freeze. Nothing would work, not crl-alt delete, nothing. I have to reboot the computer the hard way(pressing the button on the case). Anyway, this went on for a couple of days, now my computer freezes and turns into a solid color. Then, like before, I have to restart the computer by pressing and holding the start button on the case. This has been going for maybe like 2 weeks now, I did some research on it, however I couldn't find anything really. The only thing I thought may be the problem after doing the research is that the power supply may be dying, as a result it stops the power going into the other parts of the computer, making it freeze on one image.

I've had this computer for 3 to 4 years.

Asus P6T motherboard, CPU intel i7, Geforce GTX 260, 6GB of ram, and Windows 7 64bit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,495 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:41 PM

Hello,

Based on what you have said you could have two things wrong, Hard drive could be dying, or two the video card (because that would explain to an extent why the computer freezes on one solid color). Now I would first test your hard drive with a diagnostic test for your specific hard drive which could be found on the drives manufactures website. If you need help finding this site please post your drives maker and we can help you find it. :)
animinionsmalltext.gif
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users