Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to make videos faster?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pcyouzer

pcyouzer

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:48 PM

i have video files that i like to skim through, or start at the middle or skip some parts. some of the video files i have take a long time to do that. they start fine, but if i skip anywhere in the video, even one second, it takes literally at least 3 minutes to do so.

most of these video files are "mpeg-4 file format", i dunno if there's other files. is there a way i can make them go faster? do i have to d/l a video format software?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Particalzman

Particalzman

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:13 PM

A few questions, what operating system are you using (Windows Xp, Vista, Windows 7)? What program are you viewing this files with, and are you viewing them from the computer they are on, or from some other media source?

Edited by Particalzman, 05 June 2011 - 06:13 PM.

#3 pcyouzer

pcyouzer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:32 PM

windows xp 32bit. i use windows media player and vlc. im watching these videos on my coputer.

#4 pcyouzer

pcyouzer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:56 PM

i actually do have other files that do the same thing. one of them is a "windows media audio/video file"

#5 pcyouzer

pcyouzer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:45 PM

bump

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users