Jump to content
Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:30 PM
Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:30 PM
Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:02 PM
Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:05 PM
Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:04 PM
Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:45 AM
6) running unhide as administrator.
Finished but all I have are my file folders on my desktop; no program shortcuts, start menu is empty, and task tray is all blank white sheets of paper
Edited by herg62123, 06 June 2011 - 12:56 AM.
Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:21 AM
Ok, turned off Norton's and my Parental software, ran unhide without touching anything, nothing changed.
i have come across this nasty bug several times trying to help other computers out and it is a challenge to remove but it can be fixed.
when you use unhide.exe - make sure your anti-virus and firewall is turned off so it will not interfere with the process. also while it is running DON'T touch keyboard or mouse till it stops. if you do it can cause issues in fixing the unhide issue.
after unhide.exe is finished - i have found out with this virus to restore start menu icons do the following:
- click start
- move mouse into the section where your start menu icons should be and right click your mouse
- a new window should open saying properties
- click properties
- towards the bottom of the properties screen there should be 2 boxes unchecked saying something about showing icons in start menu
- check both boxes
- click apply
- click ok
- close start menu
- now reopen start menu and icons will show now
- side note: depending on which service pack you have you might have to reboot pc to show start menu icons
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users