Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Restore removed but files still hidden

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LisaCarol

LisaCarol

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:09 PM

I followed the instructions for removing the Trojan "Windows Restore" and downloaded the program to make my hidden files reappear. After this program finished, it said that my files should now be visible. If not, I should deactivate my virus and security programs. I deactivated my firewall and my virus program but my desktop is still hidden behind a gray screen. Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:27 PM

Whose directions were you following?

Looking at the BC Removal Guide, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-windows-restore , I see no such instructions.

I do see a line which starts "If you are still having problems with your computer after completing these instructions," and I suspect that...if you used the BC uinstall instructions, then you should follow the advice suggested there.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users