Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flickering Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 McGhee

McGhee

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:07 PM

I have a brand new computer (have had it for two weeks and it was built specifically for me) and have been having a problem with flickering when I go online. It hasn't flickered when using any other software so far and not during games. So I have been trying to figure out if there is a pattern and I am pretty sure it has to do with Flash. But it doesn't do it every time. For example I went to the site www.imdb.com and the flickering went crazy. There was a black line that appeared horizontally and several vertical lines all flickering on and off on that site. Then I went back to that site about an hour later and nothing. It worked perfectly.

So far I have uninstalled and reinstalled the most up to date video driver, swapped out the DVI cable, and reinstalled Flash Player, changed settings in IE9 to compatibility mode. (It also did it when using Firefox).

Here are my computer specs:

Intel i7-2600k Core i7 Processor
3.4GHz 8MB L3 Cache
Win 7 Professional 64bit
KVR1333D3N9K2/8G Kingston 8GB, 16GB TOTAL MEMORY
1TB SATAIII Hard Drives
ATI Radeon HD 5870 Video Card

Two monitors: 1 ViewSonic VG2728vm 27" and 1 Asus VE2454H 24"

Has anyone else experienced this problem or have any ideas? If I can't fix this myself I will have to pack up my entire system and go to the place I bought it so they can take a look. They are over an hour away from where I live so I want to try to resolve this myself if possible.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:09 PM

Let's find out if Flash is the problem. Uninstall using the tool at this link and then install a fresh copy. Uninstalling using Add/Remove programs doesn't work.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

#3 McGhee

McGhee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:05 PM

I tried this and "so far" I haven't seen the problem. I will come back if it happens again. After I changed the cable and re-installed the driver it stopped too but then a couple days later started again so who knows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users