Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

network adapter

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 eyesilver

eyesilver

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:24 PM

i have a problem on my network adapter because i have to enable it every time i turn on or restarting my laptop..
unlike before its ok..it automatically detects my adapter
device name: realtek PCIe FE family.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,586 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:27 PM

What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

#3 eyesilver

eyesilver
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:57 PM

nothing unusual i noticed because we're always get disconnected on the network and i did'nt installed any applications either it just happen.
I remember my firefox is not responding and my system started to slow each time i'm opening it.i cant remember my default driver of my adapter.
i think its been updated.

#4 GX5000

GX5000

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:18 AM

Try and unchecked the option in hardware for the network adapter to
"Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

I've seen this have issues depending if you're on PPPOE or straight Cable hookup.
But if you've updated the driver lately and it was working before you may want to revert
to the older one. There's usually no need to update drivers for most devices if they're
working correctly....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users