Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Greetings Forum

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Joey Moe

Joey Moe

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:16 PM

Hello to everyone who is currently reading this thread,

I just wanted to take some time and introduce myself to the community after a long fought battle with some serious malware.
At first I want to give my up most sincerest gratitude to the experts, moderators and volunteers who are helping out thousands of victims who have succumbed to viruses, malware and possibly even worse.
At first glance it seemed like this website was a stop and go site. You get your PC taken care of and then never come back unless you have another issue. Well It definitely isn't one and the community is the best I've ever seen in a while. And so on with the introduction:

Name: Joey.
Profession: college student.
Major: Biomedical Engineering.
Machinery/Technical Acknowledge: I've installed a water cooling system on my PC as well as a GTX480 graphics card. I know a decent amount about computer hardware and its software components. Thats pretty much it, I don't know much about coding but I think ill be taking courses on those in upcoming semesters at college.
PC Gaming Experience: Well quite frankly I don't play games as much as I use to. But I did spend a great deal with them in my younger years.
I've played World of Warcraft until cataclysm. Spent way to many hours on WoW, I believe my "/played" on my main toon is around 150-200 days.
I've played WCIII, mainly for dota.
I've played CS/L4DI & II/Team fortress. However I haven't touched those games in a long time.
I've played runescape, haha that goes back to an era where it was quite popular. Haven't played it since 2004 I believe.
I recently started playing League of Legends, I got a nak for the game.

Well thats pretty much it, I don't want to bore the readers with idle banter and such.
I'll cyah you guys around the forums!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:27 PM

Hello and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 BigWoodyG14

BigWoodyG14

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:52 PM

Hello All:

Name is Tim....
My user name is a homage to the old Okie - Woody Gutherie... not a erection...

Anyway, I've had malware issues on and off for the last couple of years, but can not remove the latest issue on my own.
Figures crossed.

Thanks in advance for all assistance.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:05 AM

A very warm welcome to you both.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users