Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Greetings from Minnesota

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FoxtrotCharlie

FoxtrotCharlie

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 05 June 2011 - 01:06 PM

Howdy y'all! I've been a long time anonymous surfer on Bleeping Computer. For years I've been simply getting help from the forums for virus / malware related issues. I am an accidental admin for the company that I work for. We have a twenty-four person LAN, no real servers, everything is already off site, yadda yadda. Anyway, it's all pretty light in the admin department, so we don't have anyone who works on IT full time.

I'm our accounting manager, and in addition to my financial duties, I have taken on the role of IT manager and admin. It's work that I enjoy for the most part. Our company is doing well enough that my boss (and company owner) has given me a fair amount of freedom to run the IT non-department hands off. Ironically, I could easily tell my boss that I don't have time for this and we would get some third party to do it for us, but that's no fun! I'd rather handle everything myself even if it means longer hours. It gives me a chance to continue to learn about subject matter that I can nerd out about. I've always loved computers, even if I have no formal education on them.

Getting back to why I'm here on BC, I have occasionally had to resolve virus / malware issues with some of our users' PCs. In the past I have found very good advice from BC, so after helping me resolve a rogue antivirus last Friday, I decided to research BC a little more. Turns out that you guys are very well thought of in the admin community. Who knew?

So I researched y'all a bit more and came to the decision that it was time to pull the trigger and become a registered user. I'm already glad that I did, as I have discovered that there is so much more to this site than just anti-malware advice.

Sorry for the long posting. It's how I roll. Truly many thanks for all the work that y'all do. This site is awesome, and I hope to become a regular poster. I'd love to help out any way I can, and if any of the admins / moderators on here are in the TC, I'd love to buy you a beer. Cheers.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it ot pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:25 PM

Hello and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:09 AM

The more you look around, the more useful information about computing you will find; there is a wealth of knowledge here.
Thanks for joining and welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users