Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

External Hard Drives

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bassplayer15

Bassplayer15

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:06 PM

So my sister is in the market for an external hard drive for all her pictures and music, and given that she isn't the most friendly with electronics. I was worried that if she bought a hard disk she would break it, so i figured an SSD would be best. So i looked it up on Newegg and all the external SSD's are to small and much to expensive. So i was wondering if anyone here knew of a reliable external hard disk drive, that would still work after, say being dropped or the like. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Grace is given freely, but respect must be earned.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:27 PM

Leave your sister alone and let her buy a standard external hard drive - and tell her not to drop it. :)

Edited by Allan, 05 June 2011 - 12:27 PM.

#3 MarkGS

MarkGS

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:58 AM

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Iomega+-+eGo+500GB+External+USB+3.0+Portable+Hard+Drive+-+Ruby+Red/1730866.p?id=1218286785796&skuId=1730866&st=Iomega%20eGo%20Portable&cp=1&lp=1

She can drop that one from 7" and it'll be fine I'm sure it can be dropped from higher just tell her not to make a habit out of it.

#4 Bassplayer15

Bassplayer15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:59 PM

Thanks for your help, sorry for the late reply
Grace is given freely, but respect must be earned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users