Hello,I moved this to Am I Infected
from XP. Lets do these nesxt and see.
For the connection try these...
Please click Start > Run, type inetcpl.cpl
in the runbox and press enter.
Click the Connections
tab and click the LAN settings
Verify if "Use a proxy..." is checked, if so, UN
check it and click OK/OK
Now check if the internet is working again.
Go to Start ... Run and type in cmd
A dos Window will appear.
Type in the dos window: netsh winsock reset
Click on the enter
your system to complete the process.Reboot into Safe Mode with Networking
How to enter safe mode(XP/Vista)
Using the F8 MethodRestart your computer.
When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
Select the option for Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode
>>>> Download this file
and doubleclick on it to run it. Allow the information to be merged with the registry.
RKill....Download and Run RKill
Do not reboot your computer after running rkill as the malware programs will start again. Or if rebooting is required run it again.
- Please download RKill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below and save it to your desktop.
- Before we begin, you should disable your anti-malware softwares you have installed so they do not interfere RKill running as some anti-malware softwares detect RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.
- Double-click on Rkill on your desktop to run it. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)
- A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed.
- If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next reply
If you continue having problems running rkill.com, you can download iExplore.exe
which are renamed copies of rkill.com, and try them instead.Rerun MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:
Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update
tab, select Check for Updates
scan and scan (normal mode).
After scan click Remove Selected
, Post new scan log
into normal mode.
Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.