Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

General Question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:50 AM

Howdy,

I have a question about the repair cd of Windows7 64-bit.

I have an Usb harddisk with enough room.
When you want create a system copy, than Microsoft gives you the advice for use an external HD. and you can see that your ext. HD. would selected by them.
The system copy come on the ext. HD and than done.
Okay so far so good, but now is the moment there is a problem when I get my repair cd and load it, when it is loaded in the system, than see I the option Repair with system installation copy.
When I hit that option than get I the error message, there is not a system copy on the Computer.
No it is not on the Computer it is on my ext. HD. Advice from Microsoft.
You don't see also not a menu for select the drive with the system copy.
My question in this is, how do you fix your Computer when there is a problem.?
If I said, it is not possible for selected the ext. drive via the Repair cd from Windows7 64-bits. Solved! I was looking the information and then I found the solution.
When you made a system copy, then you made also a repair cd also known as recovery cd.
When the system copy would been changed and not the repair cd, than get you troubles with restore system copy. The program don't find the system copy on your ext. drive.
So I did make a new system copy and also a new repair cd and hoppa, it works.
About the last question, still have I no answer on this.

Than have I another question: By accident with Paragon Backup Restore program, must I created a new installation with the installation cd ( it is not the Repair cd), but I did seen that the installation cd did created a D partition, before this I didn't have.
The virtual drive is empty but still has the installation cd from Windows7 used data from that partition.
That is strange, because the virtual folder is empty.
There is one thing what I can thinking: Windows7 installation created an extra partition from let we say, 7,39 mb ntfs.
But than is the question there: Why do I see that from the extra partition with the device letter D, there is 3,68mb in use.?.
There are no data in that folder.

Now do I hope that there is someone that can explain me, how one or other works.
Thank you.

(Moderator edit: added Topic Description. jgw)

Edited by jgweed, 07 June 2011 - 08:42 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:37 AM

Grinler, I have just read your information in List of Tutorials, this was a great help for me.
I am glad that you have made this.
Before I post, I would first study your Tutorials of Windows7.

:tvhappy:

Ps. There is still one thing about the D folder on my drive what I don't understand and that is the fact, that I hadn't the first time a D folder; only C and by accident via Paragon Backup and Restore must I made a new installation, after that, have I a D folder.

Strange very strange.

Edited by RadioNorthsea, 07 June 2011 - 08:41 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users