Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

dvd wont play

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 flavius

flavius

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:56 AM

hi i have installed windows 7 64bit and i have burnt to disc a couple of movies using the cd/dvd radio button, this is supposed to play in dvd players or another pc, the burnt disc plays in my desk top but not my divx dvd recorder/player. i have had no problems in the past useing xp pro for burning and playing so what am i doing wrong, the disc is maxel dvd + the make i have used for years.could it be a filter problem

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dcJeff

dcJeff

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:53 AM

Have you checked to make sure the dvd has been finished? I think that what it's called at least. I know that if the burning process isn't finished with that last little step, it will play on the machine that burned it, but not on any other players. Oh, and checking the format of the video being burned on the dvd is always a possibility. Sometimes the videos get burned in some weird format that isn't really popular (could cause problems especially if it's one that isn't used very widely by a dvd player).

Hope that helps a little.

#3 flavius

flavius
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 11 June 2011 - 06:54 AM

hi dcjeff, sorry for the delay in getting back to you and thanks for the reply, yes the burn had finished and the discs are the same make maxel dvd+ that i have used for a number of years, as i said everything worked ok with windows xp pro and with windows 7 32bit but not with 64 bit, so i will have to persivere and try a different approach
optomist: balding men have less hair to comb!
pessamist: yes but they have more face to wash

#4 dcJeff

dcJeff

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 11 June 2011 - 06:40 PM

I wonder if your cd burning program needs updated to make it compatible with a 64 bit OS?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users