Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse and Keyboard not working at login

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sapol

sapol

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 05 June 2011 - 01:20 AM

Hi guys,

After suffering from the google redirect virus for some time, without being able to fix it, my computer was infected by plenty of malware, including the "Vista Security 2011" and the one that hides all your desktop files. After running malware bytes, and removing ~20 infections, a restart resulted in being unable to use my keyboard or mouse at my login screen.

After fiddling, i've found that they tend to work fine in my BIOS and in the vista recovery CD UI, but not at the login screen, in safe mode or otherwise. I have tried both corded and cordless varieties, fresh batteries, and turning on legacy USB support in BIOS.

In the windows recovery UI, i've found that a corded USB mouse works, but my logitech MX610 does not.

Should I run a system restore? If not, what other options do I have?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sapol

sapol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 05 June 2011 - 01:56 AM

System restore seemes to have solved this, and, strangely, the redirect virus is no longer showing symptoms. Malware bytes must have fixed that...
Strange, given that it didn't fix it several times previously.

#3 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:44 AM

You should try and online scan with eset online scanner to make sure you are clean.
Here is the link:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic366982.html

If nothing comes up in the scan you should delete all of your restore points.
Here is a link with instructions for that:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Delete-a-restore-point

If eset finds something you may want to post in the am i infected forum cause I cant help you with malware I just use eset online scanner once a week it finds things
that my paid for av doesnt.

Edited by InadequateInfirmity, 05 June 2011 - 10:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users