Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I am horribly infected and need help PLEASE!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lilaibball

lilaibball

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:39 PM

I suddenly got the virus Malware Protection which keeps sending me pop up messages on the bottom right corner. Also at the same time, I got the virus called Windows 7 Recovery which is finding all these fake viruses. One of the virus deleted ALL my documents, programs, wallpaper, and my homescreen is just black. How do I fix these viruses? Can i fix it without downloading any programs, because i tried the system restore thing but the virus would not let me open it.

Also, im not very advanced so please give easy instructions...Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 herg62123

herg62123

• Members
  • 553 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:21 PM

I suddenly got the virus Malware Protection which keeps sending me pop up messages on the bottom right corner. Also at the same time, I got the virus called Windows 7 Recovery which is finding all these fake viruses. One of the virus deleted ALL my documents, programs, wallpaper, and my homescreen is just black. How do I fix these viruses? Can i fix it without downloading any programs, because i tried the system restore thing but the virus would not let me open it.

Also, im not very advanced so please give easy instructions...Thanks!

hi lilaibball my name is herg62123

question for you - does the fake app look like this? Removal of Windows 7 Recovery Guide

if it does towards the bottom of the page shows how to step by step on how to fix this bug.

Edited by herg62123, 04 June 2011 - 10:22 PM.

Posted Image

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:59 PM

Follow the above guide. You will need to install the apps in it.

Please post the log when done
The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users