Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Restart scrambles icons on desktop & other questions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 richierein

richierein

• Members
  • 379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:28 PM

Windows 7, SP1 32 bit
4gb RAM

1) Every time I restart my computer the icons on the desktop are completely scrambled. Thankfully I have a program that will restore them to their proper position. Originally I thought this may be due to an infection so I ran MalwareBytes AntiMalware and SuperAntiSpyware Free and both of them had no infections.

2) Also, on restart two open windows appear.

Computer > OS(C:) > Program Data > Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu > Programs > Startup > -Disabled

Computer > OS(C:) > User > My Name > Appdata > Roaming > Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu >
Programs > Startup > -Disabled

3) I have two icons on my desktop, Libraries and Home Group, that I am unable to remove.

4) Sometimes when I start a program requiring User Account Control, verification is required twice. First on
the taskbar and then with the UAC window. Other times only with the UAC window. Why does this happen?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Edited by richierein, 04 June 2011 - 09:43 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:36 PM

Just a though. If it was my computer the first thing I would do is remove that program you are thankful for and let Windows 7 take care of such things. After that being done I would run scans with Malwarebutes Anti Malware and you anti virus both updated. If you come out clean I would run off the cmd sfc /scannow. If it finds a problem run it two more times. Some of those little programs can cause a lot of hell and hardship.

#3 richierein

richierein
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 379 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:25 PM

Problem #1 seems to have resolved itself. Scannow executed error free.

Is there anyone out there who can help me with the other problems?
:wacko:

Edited by richierein, 09 June 2011 - 09:30 PM.

#4 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:18 PM

1) Rt click desktop>>View>> Check Auto arrange & Align to grid.

Posted Image

2) Dunno

3) HomeGroup Desktop Icon - Add or Remove

Libraries Desktop Icon - Add or Remove

4) Dunno.

Edited by Union_Thug, 09 June 2011 - 10:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users