Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox shutsdown unexpectedly

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Franja

Franja

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:17 PM

For quite some time I¨ve had the problem of Firefox shutting down, sometimes three times just after restarting it without doing any thing else.

Is it a Firefox problem or is it my laptop Dell Inspiron 1720 with Vista?

Thanks for your attention.

Edit: Moved topic from Vista to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,488 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:42 PM

Hello,

Can you please tell us what version of firefox you are running. So that I can instruct you on how to run Firefox in it's safe mode.
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 Franja

Franja
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2011 - 01:07 AM

My Firefox version is 4.0.1

Thanks for responding.

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,488 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 05 June 2011 - 01:12 PM

Do the following:

Starting in Firefox 4: Hold down the Shift key while double-clicking the Firefox icon. (If the Profile Manager opens, select a profile and then hold down the Shift key again while clicking the "Start Firefox" button.)

Then see if it crashes if you use it for a while like this. (Note: this will disable all of your add-ons.)
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#5 Franja

Franja
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:28 PM

Tech Kid, I did what you suggested (the Profile Manager didnŽt show up) but IŽm still experiencing the Firefox crashes.

Less frequent but still there, IŽll wait some more time and try again.

Thanks.

#6 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:41 AM

Hi there,

I see that you've tried using the Firefox Safe Mode to no avail.

Have you tried uninstalling Firefox completely, downloading and installing the latest version from their website and checking the operational status?

Is this only with Firefox or other internet browsers as well?

If you're still experiencing the problem, you could revert to an older, stable (3.X) version of Firefox for now, by downloading it from here.

Here's something else you could refer to.

Edited by ReviverSoft, 08 June 2011 - 01:41 AM.

ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users