Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Trading Section?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Majora

Majora

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:19 PM

I think we should have a section on the site committed to trading. You see it on other forums all the time, and it would only help the site. Not only would it give people more incentive to remain active, but also it would bring in more users looking for a place to trade computer parts with other people.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Majora

Majora
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:42 PM

Shameless self-bump, but I also want to point out that you don't see these many places on the web. There isn't a whole lot of sites where users can post what they have, and actively trade with other members, besides Craigslist.

A user posts what they have, and interested user PMs them, they work out a deal. It would bring a slew of traffic in given the right advertising, which I would be willing to help with.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,743 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:12 PM

The subject has been brought up before. We do not have the staff or resources to manage such an endeavor. Nor do we want to position ourselves as middlemen in the event of disputes between members. We are first and foremost a help site. This is what we do well and excel at. There are sites that are far better equipped for what you suggest, we rather let them do that than try and emulate something we we are not fully committed to.

We do thank you for your suggestion.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users