Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem playing videos after fresh install on new hard drive

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 raylicker1

raylicker1

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 04 June 2011 - 06:04 PM

Hey All, just installed a 2TB hard drive and then a fresh install of windows 7 ultimate. Now when I try to play any videos with either WMP or VLC player it plays for a couple of sec. then freezes up then wait forever for it to reset itself. Also sometimes have streaming videos online with firefox and does same thing, but not all the time, then I have to close firefox. [attachment=98957:(THEONE-PC).html] Please help

Edited by hamluis, 07 June 2011 - 10:44 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:09 AM

you should delete[asap] that attachment if you still can as it contains the keys to you windows install and other software you have installed.

your mothereboard has 4 ram slots ,you are running only 2 gig ram ,i would look at adding more "asap" to help performance of you win7 ultimate install .

Edited by caperjac, 05 June 2011 - 06:16 AM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#3 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:29 PM

My first thoughts are you jumped a lot of steps after a fresh install. You went right to playing videos. Did you make sure all the proper drivers where updated? You have many things on your computer. Are they starting at boot. If so they are sucking up your ram. I also notice your anti virus was disabled; I hope you enabled it. Is every thing else in your computer the same except the HDD? Go to Start and type in resmon and see what and how your ram is being used.

#4 raylicker1

raylicker1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:42 AM

I started playing videos because my other HD with window7 was doing the same thing, except it froze up doing other things also. When thru device manager and everything said it was up to date. Did the resmon thing and it was using 750 mb of 2 GB of memory, not she what you mean by how it is being used. One other thing is last week my monitor wasn't displaying anything. everything was running and monitor was on, but no display. I even hook up a cable to the on-board video, but still nothing. next day it started up fine, but did it again two days ago. Thanks for interest in my problem, that was a very quick reply.

#5 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:51 AM

i cant believe that you are not concerned that your Win7 key is in the Belarc log for the taking !!!!!!

Edited by caperjac, 06 June 2011 - 04:52 AM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users