Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Driver Performer cannot uninstall

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 grg.clny

grg.clny

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 04 June 2011 - 05:22 PM

I am moving this post here because this program may be malware.

I have Windows XP Media Center Edition ver. 2002 Service Pack 3.

I can't remember how this got installed on my computer, but when I go to programs I have something called Driver Performer installed. The icon is a gear with a lightning bolt. I did open it once and scan my drivers. I think it found six things it wanted to update. It acted like a windows program, but I did not trust it. I looked at the properties and it shows it was created about five days ago. I clicked on the uninstall application and received this message: "C:\Program Files\Driver-Soft\Driver Performer\unis000.dat"file is corrupted.Cannot uninstall.

I did some research online and I cannot determine what kind of threat this program may be. It may also be important to know that I did have the fake Windows XP virus scan. I posted on bleeping computer and resolved that problem. The only thing that I know of that is NOT working is Windows Silverlight. When I go to Netflix and try to stream a movie I get error N8007. I have been to the Window forum for Silverlight to try and resolve this issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and still it does not work. I have another computer that has Silverlight and I can stream Netflix without any problems. This issue may not be related but I thought I should mention it.

Thank you for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users