Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video green screen problem.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Satman858

Satman858

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 04 June 2011 - 04:51 PM

On my Windows XP professional I am having a problem viewing not all but many video's. What is happening is when I go to "Full Screen" option the entire screen turns green, and only the audio from the video is heard. After the picture turns green in "Full Screen" if I go back to the small version of the video that played fine, it is green now too. Can anyone answer this questions below:

1) Does anyone know why this is happening when video's played fine with "Full Screen" for over 3 years?

2) What can I do to correct this problem?

3) Why does some video's play fine in "Full Screen" option?

Edited by Satman858, 04 June 2011 - 04:59 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 04 June 2011 - 04:54 PM

This really isn't my area of expertise, but until someone more knowledgeable jumps in let me ask a question - does this happen with all players or just one? Have you tried different players (VidLan, Gom, etc)?

#3 Satman858

Satman858
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2011 - 05:40 PM

This really isn't my area of expertise, but until someone more knowledgeable jumps in let me ask a question - does this happen with all players or just one? Have you tried different players (VidLan, Gom, etc)?

When I go to CBS, NBC, ABC, and Fox video's play fine in the full screen feature, but many you-tude video's give me that full screen problem. I have not try those players any other players. I can not play any video's at all in IMDB website.

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,573 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2011 - 05:43 PM

I'm sorry, are you talking about online videos using Internet Explorer or downloaded videos? If the former, try another browser (Firefox, Opera, Safari, Chrome, etc).

#5 Satman858

Satman858
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:05 PM

I'm sorry, are you talking about online videos using Internet Explorer or downloaded videos? If the former, try another browser (Firefox, Opera, Safari, Chrome, etc).

I was referring to video's I watch using Internet Explorer. I uninstalled Adobe Flash 10.3 and reinstalled it and my problem is corrected on my You Tube video's. However, the video's in the IMDB website don't play at all, even though I listed them as a suggested site in my internet security properties tab, and allowed popup's for that site.

Any suggestions as to what other settings might need to be changed to allow the video's at IMDB to play on my computer?

Edited by Satman858, 08 June 2011 - 11:15 PM.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,404 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:27 PM

There's a newer version of Flash available.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 08 June 2011 - 02:27 PM.

#7 Satman858

Satman858
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:23 PM

There's a newer version of Flash available.

Louis

In the adobe website 10.3 is their newest updated Flash player. Anyway, the IMDB website says you need the Adobe 9+ for the video's to work. So any 10 should be okay.

Could someone please try to view a video in IMDB website to see if the movie trailers there will play for them, and post back their results in this thread?

Thanks

#8 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,573 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:59 AM

Have you tried a different browser as suggested above?

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,404 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:26 AM

I've had FP 10.3 installed for some time...I have no problem playing trailers at IMDB.

Louis

#10 Satman858

Satman858
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:21 PM

Okay guys I downloaded Chrome and the IMDB video trailers play using the Chrome browser, but using my windows internet explorer browser still won't allow the viewing of their videos. I would rather use windows internet explorer all the time, and not have to switch to Chrome just for that website.

Louis,

Adobe 10.3 is working everywhere else now with windows internet explorer, so do you have any idea's as to what else I can check into as for as settings go, as to what might be blocking the video's in IMDB from playing using windows internet explorer browser?

#11 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,404 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:38 PM

That doesn't make sense...to me.

IMDB and other sites with videos...are reliant upon Flash Player. If FP works on one site, it should work on all.

If you try a different browser and don't have this problem...it's the browser.

Reinstall it or reset it, http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Reset-Internet-Explorer-8-settings .

Louis

#12 Satman858

Satman858
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2011 - 11:42 PM

That doesn't make sense...to me.

IMDB and other sites with videos...are reliant upon Flash Player. If FP works on one site, it should work on all.

If you try a different browser and don't have this problem...it's the browser.

Reinstall it or reset it, http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Reset-Internet-Explorer-8-settings .

Louis

I went to the link and did a reset of Internet Explorer 8 and the video's still don't play. Do you have any other ideas?

#13 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,404 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:22 AM

I don't.

Louis

#14 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:54 AM

The only thing you might want to try is right click on the player, go into Flash Settings and disable Hardware Acceleration. Don't know if that will work. Sometimes it does. It's not like the videos at imdb are rare or unusual. There are plenty of places to watch movie trailers.

#15 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:54 PM

I have latest Flash etc. IE8 settings as recommended at IMDB. (already set, no changes made).

Trailer and other animated content on IMDB homepage plays OK.

Trailers selected do not play - just a white square.

Trailers selected for HD say IE9 is more appropriate.

On TV Episodes / clips:

Error message - you may be prevented from viewing because of adblocking on your computer.

The Full Screen problem is ongoing and they say they don't know when it will be solved.

They also say, (as has been stated here), that if the videos play in one browser and not another
the problem lies with your own configuration.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users