Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Driver Performer cannot uninstall

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 grg.clny

grg.clny

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 04 June 2011 - 04:38 PM

I have Windows XP Media Center Edition ver. 2002 Service Pack 3.

I can't remember how this got installed on my computer, but when I go to programs I have something called Driver Performer installed. The icon is a gear with a lightning bolt. I did open it once and scan my drivers. I think it found six things it wanted to update. It acted like a windows program, but I did not trust it. I looked at the properties and it shows it was created about five days ago. I clicked on the uninstall application and received this message: "C:\Program Files\Driver-Soft\Driver Performer\unis000.dat"file is corrupted.Cannot uninstall.

I did some research online and I cannot determine what kind of threat this program may be. It may also be important to know that I did have the fake Windows XP virus scan. I posted on bleeping computer and resolved that problem. The only thing that I know of that is NOT working is Windows Silverlight. When I go to Netflix and try to stream a movie I get error N8007. I have been to the Window forum for Silverlight to try and resolve this issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and still it does not work. I have another computer that has Silverlight and I can stream Netflix without any problems. This issue may not be related but I thought I should mention it.

Thank you for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 04 June 2011 - 04:53 PM

I just did a Google search and it appears Driver Performer could be malware. Maybe post in Am I Infected and see if they can anything.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 04 June 2011 - 05:21 PM

http://www.driver-soft.com/ and http://driver-performer-2010.software.informer.com/1.0/

Have you tried using Revo Uninstaller or Unlocker?

Louis

#4 grg.clny

grg.clny
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2011 - 06:31 PM

The second link you posted looks like the program I have. I noticed the McAffee Site Advisor Warning. I found the Unlocker 1.9.1 program on FileHippo.com.
I guess I will down load it and see if that works.
Installing Unlocker. Wondering what components I should install?

Edited by grg.clny, 04 June 2011 - 06:34 PM.

#5 grg.clny

grg.clny
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:01 PM

I have installed Unlocker but I am not sure how to use it. I found a folder called Driver Performer so I deleted it.
Driver Performer is still in my programs list but it does not show up in the control panel under Add or Remove Programs.
I did a file search for Driver Performer and found a list of items. Cant I just delete all of them?

Edited by grg.clny, 04 June 2011 - 10:04 PM.

#6 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 AM

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:07 AM

As Hamluis suggested, you could try the free Revo Uninstaller; if it sees your program, it is quite
efficient at removing remnants; may not do so, if there's nothing in Add / Remove.
---------------------------------------
Unlocker 1.9.1

On install, you only need to check/tick Unlocker Assistant and Explorer Shell.

(uncheck Update check, Bing, etc)

You can start Unlocker and browse for files; (start, All Programs, Unlocker, start Unlocker)

but if you have ticked the Explorer Shell on install:

Right click on file(s) you wish to delete; select Unlocker from the menu

1. If you get the small dialog box saying no locking handle, select delete from the drop down menu

2. If you get the large dialog box, use the drop down menu on the left at the bottom
or select Unlock (for single) or Unlock All.

Delete them all, reboot, search again and also scan your system, afterwards, for malware. (Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware do a pretty good job).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users