Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

eset blocking random website that im not trying to connect to

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cybalokz

cybalokz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 04 June 2011 - 02:07 PM

Hi all

I need some help here.
Eset keeps blocking a website / file .

Eset has blocked
url address: gsn.com/video/bclm.exe

IP Adress: 124.217.235.76:80

eset is doing its job by blocking it but i can not find whats causing it.
when i look at process (in task manager )over 7000 items, there are hundreds if not 1000's of instances of BCLM *32 in running i have not a clue what it is.

any help tips would be much appreciated. if you need more info just tell me what you need

thanks

Edited by cybalokz, 04 June 2011 - 02:13 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AlexAngus

AlexAngus

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 04 June 2011 - 04:50 PM

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem that has just started happening did you visit the gsn.com website before this started happening, Ive just finished a clean install of windows 7 too.

My Bitdefender persistantly notifies me that it has blocked this particular execution, not only that but i found that a new rule had been created in bit defenders firewall to allow this program it resides in C:/windows/bclm.exe so i removed this rule straight away, although it still notifies me that it has been terminated. I have now blocked access to www.gsn.com .

Anyhelp would be appreciated,

Thanks

#3 cachudo

cachudo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:02 AM

I too was having sort of the same problem where something was trying to connect to gsn.com/games/gs32.exe and eset would block it. I was able to find the problem in the task scheduler. By using eset's sysinspector i found 5 entries in task scheduler that were unknown. Each would run at different times, running 5 different .exe files that were hidden in c:\windows folder. Also the hosts file had been changed. So I recreated the hosts file. Deleted the 5 tasks and deleted the five .exe files and no longer have this problem. This seems to be a new malware problem, being even malwarebytes wasn't able to find this. Not sure if this applies to you both but sort of sounds the same being both of you are getting random connections to gsn.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users