Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Just Paranoid

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RobO 2009

RobO 2009

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 04 June 2011 - 01:49 PM

Many months I have been scanning with several programs on a win vista OS looking for malware and not finding anything but tracking cookies. And I am at wits end for (Am I infected or not ) My computer runs good though I need to update the video card. A listing of strange computer behaviors would be a long list and often on this website I find reasonable explanations for stuff. Recently I was not happy with the performance of IE9 and Mozilla FF4 and tried a complete uninstall/reinstall. Currently FF 3617 but crashes often..not the default browse though it is and never works in Admin mode unless opened as admin in admin. Very strange ! Spy-ware programs being used include PcTools Spyware Doctor W/anti-virus (main) Malware Bytes, Spybot search/destroy, Super anti Spy (for on call scans ). So now for my request. Would some one walk/help me through doing a hijack scan and give my log a look over and comment on anything looks suspicious please .

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:00 AM

I'm sorry that your post got overlooked. This is not the correct forum for HijackThis log analysis.

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Also, I'm sorry to say that we have a HUGE backlog of topics at the moment and the current average wait time for log analysis is 10 days.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 RobO 2009

RobO 2009
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:11 PM

Thx for your reply and I will follow your instructions and re post, Thx. The topic description describes me well so I posted here but will post again. 10 day wait is okay because I have been doing this for months.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users